Wednesday 11 November 2015

UK TV channel Yesterday's Medieval Murder Mysteries

UK TV channel Yesterday has a new TV series called Medieval Murder Mysteries on Monday Evenings.   This week was all about Christopher Marlowe.   Next week is all about Edward II.   Marlowe's was all about conspiracy theories - dare we hope the episode on Edward II may entertain the theory that Edward actually survived?   Or will the focus be on the dreaded red hot poker story?  Or murder of some sort at Berkeley Castle?    I'm daring to look forward to it and will review it next week.

4 comments:

Kathryn Warner said...

Not sure if I'm looking forward to it or not :/ If it's all about trying to suffocate Edward with animal corpses, and red-hot pokers, I might become ill :/

Katarzyna Ogrodnik-Fujcik said...

If the Marlowe episode centred on the theories of his survival (if I understood well), perhaps we can safely hope for the same approach when Edward II is concerned :-) Please let us know, Anerje. I'm afraid I won't be able to see the episode where I live :-(

Unknown said...

I look forward to reading your thoughts on the Edward II episode. It would be nice if these shows were available in the US.

Esther

Anerje said...

Kathryn- I'm being positive and hoping for the best !

Kasia and Esther - it's very frustrating when you read about TV programmes and you can't access them. I know the feeling, believe me! I shall give a full report.